• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Good side bad side

Phil63

Hi guys, I have had a an issue in my tank where the plants on one side seen to be lush and green, and on the other side the same plants are looking thin and weak.

I've attached a picture but to be honest it's worse than the photo shows as my phone seen to filter automatically. Great for my face, not great for facts .

Anyone have any ideas why this might be?? Possibly fish have uprooted them??

It's hard to check because my tanks in an alcove so I can't get in to check without moving everything about.

Any help your be appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil

Attachments

• IMG_20191125_194431.jpg
    IMG_20191125_194431.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 142
Substrate is all the same and the flow is a spray bar so it should be equal throughout. Does substrate need replacing after time?? Could it be drained of its nutrition??

Which side does the spray bar flow come into the tank? Left or right as you look at the picture? Wondering if that might have something to do with it, as a spray bar will be pretty evenly distributed but not completely

Also, could it be that more waste collects on the right hand side, given the planting, etc, is denser and therefore the vallis prefers the extra nutrient. Are you dosing ferts as linked it might be the vallis on the left isn't getting enough nutrients

I'm still learning but just some things to consider

Hi guys, I have had a an issue in my tank where the plants on one side seen to be lush and green, and on the other side the same plants are looking thin and weak.

I've attached a picture but to be honest it's worse than the photo shows as my phone seen to filter automatically. Great for my face, not great for facts .

Anyone have any ideas why this might be?? Possibly fish have uprooted them??

It's hard to check because my tanks in an alcove so I can't get in to check without moving everything about.

Any help your be appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil
If your faster growing plants are the ones looking yellow then u need to fix the nitrogen deficiency by dosing more nitrogen.As they grow more quickly they would require more N and hence show N deficency much more quickly.

Back