• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Good source for cheap rock/stone

GreenNeedle

I promised I'd tell where I am getting the rock for my new scape so here we go.

The place is JTF which is one of those Cash and Carrys which anyone can sign up for a card. Don't take the missus because it sells everything and I mean everything (apart from Redmoor/Sumatra wood etc. lol)

Their store location thingamy page is here:
http://www.jtfmegadiscountwarehouse.co. ... ocator.php

Onto a few pictures

These paddlestones are a blue/plum slate. about 6" x 6" by 1.5 "- 2". 99p + VAT each = bargain
DSCF2270.jpg

The stones I bought are in the front right quarter of this cage. They look like a blue/green/pink granite (each stone has bits of all in it) with white veining. They range in size from 6" x 6" to 12" x 12". All same price @ £3.99 + VAT each. On the left is a quite plain pink granite. The rear are granite boulders. Both the same price.
DSCF2264.jpg

DSCF2267.jpg

DSCF2266.jpg

DSCF2265.jpg

This cage is labelled as 'Scottish mix'. Price is....in the picture but don't forget to add VAT
DSCF2268.jpg

DSCF2269.jpg

There aren't huge amounts in this store but what there is seems pretty useful at a bargain price for our hobby. Not sure if they will replenish when gone as this is obviously garden season and this aisle no doubt will be stuffed with Chrimbo stuff once the summer draws to a close.

As a rough guide of hardscape before breaking some stones:
DSCF2273.JPG

Happy shopping
Andy

Back