• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gourami Gloaming #4

Lindy

Custom 80x60x40h cm and DIY stand.
Picked tank up today and can see me spending a few hours scraping off silicone. ..
ypepybyn.jpg

4etaraha.jpg

I have some redmoor root to put in. The white paper is the tank footprint.
vamepynu.jpg

meranana.jpg

epy8ezas.jpg

Thanks for looking...

How it looks sept 2015
61c3f64db29f0caaf9d2ee2ea9540683.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ypepybyn.jpg
    ypepybyn.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 4etaraha.jpg
    4etaraha.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 110
  • vamepynu.jpg
    vamepynu.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 182
  • meranana.jpg
    meranana.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 118
  • epy8ezas.jpg
    epy8ezas.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 61c3f64db29f0caaf9d2ee2ea9540683.jpg
    61c3f64db29f0caaf9d2ee2ea9540683.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Its actually 3 pieces. I sweated blood staring at pictures of redmoor for hrs before picking these 3. I had a strong image in my head how I wanted it to look and was lucky the wood went together perfectly.

You have done a very good job because you can not tell it is made up of different bits and it looks very natural,will look great with moss and plants in and around it.Have fun:)

Finally lindy. Its going to be a belter this one. Was actually going to say cracker but I don't like saying that phrase when tanks are involved.

Looks great now its centred etc and goes beautifully with the cabinet. Need to get the bits sent off to you now so it can get going or youll go crazy staring at it empty

Looking forward to it. :D

Thanks Alistair, will send you the list :D

Hi lindy, glad to see the cabinet painted and ready, you've done a nice job there. :) looking forward to seeing it all develop.

Well this is on hold for a few weeks after I complained to the tank company about the messy silicone and unlevel tape so they have offered to remake and deliver a 2nd tank. I've accepted the offer as frustrating as it will be to wait :(

Ah bummer but at least they offered you a replacement!! Looking forward to this lindy, I have enjoyed all your tanks so far :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

As said great wood looks great and will fit perfectly looks like was made for the tank lol, also great job on cabinet , subscribed and looking forward to seeing what you have in store for this one

Thanks Dean

Lindy,

That's going to look great! I'm jealous of the Redmoor wood you folks get over there. It's really nice and has an old school European feel like what I used to see in aquarium books. Looking forward to seeing this tank grow and evolve.

Wow! Very nearly 200l in a nice compact shape. The depth will make this something special I'm sure:cool:

Sad about the silicone and wonky tape (putting it right is nice but getting it right first time is just good business sense and I can't understand sending out anything less than your best:facepalm:)

Yes, thats definitely me, European old school :rolleyes:

James I think the boss might have been away 'on site' all week.

James I think the boss might have been away 'on site' all week.

And while the cats away etc etc

Would you mind sharing who the tank manufacturer was? I'm looking for a big'un and I'll go thermonuclear if they send me a 200cm dud :mad:

Back