• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Grade A' CRS at Aquatic Design Centre (London)

vauxhallmark

Just a heads up, Aquatic Design Centre on Great Portland Street were selling what they had labelled as 'Grade A' crystal red shrimps today. They're £9.99, very small (about 12mm) but they do look like the photos you see of high grade shrimps - ie more white than red, some nearly all white with red markings. So if anyone's interested it seemed quite a good price (compared to other prices I've seen).

They're not in the usual shrimp tanks, they're in two of the display nano tanks further back in the shop. Only one was labelled. Beware that there are other shrimps in both those tanks (including normal adult crystal re shrimps), so be careful what they fish out for you.

I didn't get any, as I've had some CRS in my tank for two or three months now, and no sign of breeding. :(

If anyone does get some, let us know how you get on!

Mark

vauxhallmark said:
I didn't get any, as I've had some CRS in my tank for two or three months now, and no sign of breeding. :(
If anyone does get some, let us know how you get on!

Hi Mark, looks like CRS start breeding at the age of about 5 months, they tend to do better in lower PH's around 6.5 and also in temps around 23-24ºC.

I managed to get some grade S this week for not much more what ADC are asking ;) going to see if I can breed mine, they were also little shrimplets so still have to wait a few months.

Back