• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

grasslands nano thread closed.

tim

evening folks, starting a thread for my latest project.
scape was inspired by amanos grasslands scape at the sumida aquarium (google it you know you want to ;) )
9454235708_7c6140d5c1.jpg

tank specs
clearseal 60x20x20 25 ltrs
cristalprofi 700
boyu 3x14w t5 (2 being used)
co2 via up atomiser
tropica substrate capped with unipac limpopo sand
lava rock
started the project end of august trying a dry start for the first time very unsucsseful moss browned out hc melted used the yoghurt method to attach the moss and boy it stinks :lol:
so flooded the tank and hoped for the best mid september, this is where its at as of now.
10141720054_84d996c914.jpg

moss is starting to send out green growth as is the hc stems have been added since flooding.
flora
xmas moss, anchor moss, fissedens geppi, creeping moss, riccia, hc, eleocharis mini, pogostemon erectus, rotala rotundifolia, micranthemum umbrosum. plan to add ludwigia arcuata and amania bonsai here and there.
fauna
cherry shrimp and exclamation point rasbora.
as always thanks for looking.

wow agree with mark looks huge well done mate :thumbup:

Reactions: tim
Looking good Tim. I would maybe prefer that distances between the three big stones were not so relatively uniform. Also, I would move the left hand stone a bit away from the side to allow some plants between it and the side. Moving it a little towards the middle would actually solve both "problems" :).

Thomas
Agreed the 3 large stones are too symmetrical, but I'm Hoping once they are covered in moss and I have the growth from the mid ground plants it'll upset the balance and create the vision I have for the scape, we shall see I can always move it if my plans don't pan out.

Can I suggest that you wack a bit of purigen in you filter. Since using it, I have never suffered diatoms. I know others that use it for his specific reason also.

Thanks for the tip Ian, I'll get some in there tomorrow when I clean the filter after the trim, I've used George's tip of using the filter to siphon out trimmings especially useful on this scape.

Share this tip? Cos we all know leftover trimmings of Fissidens suck!

Reactions: tim
Hi mate George posted, use the filter inlet to siphon the trimmings out as you trim that way the water is returned so you have as long as you need, especially useful for small tanks I stick jbl symec micro in the top tray before hand makes collecting the trimmings easy then carry out my 50% water change and job done as they say :thumbup:

Back