• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gravel choice for corydoras

I would go or something finer if I was you, the cories will show much more natural behaviour digging in sand. Also gravel that chunky will allow a lot of waste to trap in it which can further damage the cories barbels.

If you're planning on plants it will also be easier to plant in a finer substrate than that. Try unipac limpopo sand for something finer but the same dark colour.

Cheers

Conor

Use sand; my corys love grazing through the sand, altering the landscape as they move along.
Ive got 14 corys with fine1-3 mm gravel they seem very happy
I would go or something finer if I was you, the cories will show much more natural behaviour digging in sand. Also gravel that chunky will allow a lot of waste to trap in it which can further damage the cories barbels.

If you're planning on plants it will also be easier to plant in a finer substrate than that. Try unipac limpopo sand for something finer but the same dark colour.

Cheers

Conor

Will Otto fish be ok in it?

Will Otto fish be ok in it?
Yes they will be fine.

However You will still be better with a finer substrate as the large gravel size will allow waste to get trapped which can cause issues if you don't keep on top of the gravel vacuuming, which can be difficult in a planted tank.

Cheers

Conor

EF1EE5F8-2F9B-4E51-8E4E-D6B9E161328D.png
I have Corydoras safe gravel by Dennerle I have Otocinclus is this too hope this helps you out

Back