• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Great Cricket Match

PARAGUAY

Been watching the Test Match ,just the highlights programme but what a match! Just when we looked down and out along comes Bairstow and Overton knocking the ball around like a one day match and that bizzare wicket of Jack Leach Doubt that will ever happen again we're it's off the bat off the other batsman and caught. Just another example of the BBC though abandoning live coverage as they did with the Open Golf .

Hi all,
Been watching the Test Match ,just the highlights programme but what a match!
Today was pretty good as well, mainly listened, but watched the highlights. These three test matches just show why <"test cricket is the real game">. I'll watch one day (or even 20 : 20) at a pinch, but test cricket can be a real roller-coaster.
Bring back the live coverage.
Last time was the "Freddie Flintoff" Ashes in 2005 (but on Channel 4), I'd fortunately just severed a tendon in my knee (middle of May) and spent the next 16 weeks on crutches, so could watch every day.

cheers Darrel

Absolutely agree. It's quintessentially English. I grew up a stone's throw from Trent Bridge and live 5 mins from the ground now. It's not easy to ignore, and there's a depth of tradition that seems ingrained in our psyche. I think the BBC is missing that by abandoning all day coverage. In the immortal words of one of my heros....

I've always had a short attention span and get distracted easily but I much prefer tests to one days because of the attrition. One days are just slog fests and I find that even more boring tbh but we live in a world where we need to be told what's coming up after the break and where half the programme has just recapped what happened previously.

Absolutely agree. It's quintessentially English. I grew up a stone's throw from Trent Bridge and live 5 mins from the ground now. It's not easy to ignore, and there's a depth of tradition that seems ingrained in our psyche. I think the BBC is missing that by abandoning all day coverage. In the immortal words of one of my heros....

is the Test match hotel/pub still there?

have family in WB but they are too old now for walks down to the pub while dinner cooks

Back