• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green fishing line

John Starkey

Hi all, i work part time in a fishing tackle shop and we sell a very cheap brand of green fishing line that i have been useing to attach moss to wood,if anyone is interested in haveing some i will post the price tomorrow i cant remember exactly what price because we sell so many different ones but it is our cheapest brand and i think its around £2 for 50mtrs,regards john

JAmesM said:
I might be interested... any brown line too?

Hi James,we sell clear,black,grey,olive,brown,green,we may have others i will check tomorrow,regards john.

You might want to try Flourocarbon line too. It is clear but has a refractive index almost identical to water and is said to be almost invisible underwater. There also used to be a camouflaged version of Maxima that was good too.

Trying to get java ferns or moss attached to wood with cotton when you have yoyo loaches in the tank is proving to be quite difficult :lol: Little sod also ate all the pellia :lol:

Any prices yet John?

JAmesM said:
Trying to get java ferns or moss attached to wood with cotton when you have yoyo loaches in the tank is proving to be quite difficult :lol: Little sod also ate all the pellia :lol:

Any prices yet John?

Hi James,the cheaper green line starts at £1.80 for 50 mtr rising to £3.0 for higher breaking strains,most other clours are between £4.85 to £5.99 for hundred mtrs,you can also buy bulk spools of maxima line which is brown and has 660mtrs for around £10 which is an on going half price offer,regards john.

Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
Eds right, a good bit of flouro is probably best. As Im sure any fisherman would agree! Its engineered to be invisible underwater

How much is Flouro? I need some for moss.

Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
Eds right, a good bit of flouro is probably best. As Im sure any fisherman would agree! Its engineered to be invisible underwater

Hi Matt,as a match angler i can assure you fluro carbon line is not totally invisible under water,if it was then why dont they just make it in one breaking strain of say 10lb and not all different sizes,in angling its the line diameter thats more important than anything else,regards john. :)

john starkey said:
Matt Holbrook-Bull said:

Hi Matt,as a match angler i can assure you fluro carbon line is not totally invisible under water,if it was then why dont they just make it in one breaking strain of say 10lb and not all different sizes,in angling its the line diameter thats more important than anything else,regards john. :)

yeah i know its not totally invisible, but its pretty good and better than the green stuff.. is all i was getting at :)

john starkey said:
Matt Holbrook-Bull said:

Thicker lines can also be felt by the fish and are stiffer so don't cause the bait to act as naturally. 10lb Flourocarbon is a great material to make a stiff hooklink out of to hook tricky carp on overfished waters. Low diameter lines are much more flexible and harder for the fish to feel or see difference in the bait's behaviour.

Back