• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Pekoe Pond - 40 litres

Quick update / phone pic.
15661110925_5387649422_c_d.jpg

Thanks guys, the tank has become a real pleasure to live with after a pretty steep learning curve last year. still loads more to learn and trying out other plants when I make room - the echinodorus reni had to be evicted when it grew too big for my little tank. Only other major change I've had recently is swapping six of my twelve green neons for embers - lovely little fish and much more gregarious than the neons.

where did you get this Lily Pipe inflow
The glass pipe is from Aquarium Plant Food, part of their cascade range. Nice, robust and excellent quality.

The large leaf plant growing on the wood in photo 4 Cracking looking plant What plant is it please
Hi, the plant is a heart's tongue fern. Just found in the garden and tied to the twig with some string. The roots dangle in the water. The leaves are a lot lighter and a bit wavy along the edges compared to the one outside, perhaps some reaction to the drier indoor air? They come in lots of different varieties from the garden centre but you can usually find them growing out of walls or alongside lanes if you wanted to find a free one. Very common.

I must make a list of the plants in my tank. Newest edition is some Rotala Bonsai which has been growing nicely for the past four weeks. The Monty Carlo is gone mad and if it continues will cover the whole carpet in no time.

Cheers! I would have thought it was a bit 'nano' for for you Tom :D. I'm toying with the idea of a bigger tank next year…maybe. I've been bitten by upgrade-itus and been spending far too long lurking on apistogramma forums. Another twelve months? Perhaps need to upgrade my house first to fit it in?

I'm in my research phase at the moment and in no hurry. Reducing my TDS a little further and aiming for about 50ppm and then keeping this stable over 6 months. Looking into setting up and maintaining live food cultures in my limited space. Lots of time and no hurry and my tetras are going to be really fat and happy while I'm learning! Enjoying reading lots of new views and approaches. Starting to be all about the fish for me and making an environment for them. I used to keep convicts and firemouths when I was a teenager and these little guys look just as interesting and just as full of personality.

Back