• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Pekoe Pond - 40 litres

Hi all,
Brilliant I love flowering flowering plants. BigTom will need to find the picture of it, but he had an enormous flowering Amazon Sword in one of the early incarnations of the "Bucket....".

Your Hart's Tongue Fern looks good as well, has your unknown plant in the moss grown? and if it has does it still look like it might be Utricularia graminifolia?

cheers Darrel

It would be brilliant to see those pics from Tom! Really weird when I tried to find out what a Echinodorus Reni flower looked like on Google images - came up with my journal pictures. Heehee - looks like I'm filling in some of the gaps in the interweb now!

My unknown plant started well but looks distinctly 'straggly' now. Looked a bit ill after the water level dropped while I was on my holiday and left it above water for a few days. I've also noticed it's started to spread around the tank - my mixed carpet has woven a new species into the mix. I think you were right, it definitely looks like UG from the google pictures I've seen (just a really bad example of it:()

You can see it just about holding on in these pictures
14819843395_66c438e6f3_c_d.jpg

14633138610_ac36bd3a12_c_d.jpg

Last edited:
My mixed carpet is getting more and more mixed. I’ve just spotted what looks like a liverwort growing away in the corner. I’m assuming it was introduced when I planted my twig fern. If anyone knows what species this is, I’ll be really interested.

14862212725_281fd3037d_c_d.jpg

My mixed carpet is getting more and more mixed. I’ve just spotted what looks like a liverwort growing away in the corner. I’m assuming it was introduced when I planted my twig fern. If anyone knows what species this is, I’ll be really interested.

It looks like lomariopsis lineata for me. A fern.

Hi all,
Brilliant I love flowering flowering plants. BigTom will need to find the picture of it, but he had an enormous flowering Amazon Sword in one of the early incarnations of the "Bucket....".

Had a rootle around on the hard drive -
5s0dYx.jpg

It got longer than that. Think it was a little over 5 feet tall eventually.

Really lovely little tank you've got here Teapot, one of my favourites.

It was sold as Echinodorus cordifolius 'marble queen' but obviously wasn't. I'd always just assumed it was plain old cordifolius but never gave it that much thought to be honest. It did really well until I mangled the roots (which had completely filled the entire substrate) when moving the tank, sadly it never really recovered from that and slowly died off. The Anthurium with the purple spathes and most of the other riparians went on to a second life in Alastair's first shallow tank, he's still got some of them as house plants, haha.

which had completely filled the entire substrate
Yeah i remember moving a uruguyaensis from one side to the other side, it was planted in a space surounded by wood, i just pulled and wiggled a few minutes every day, roots covered 100x100 cm easily and very thick mat.

Gorgeous flowers, Mr. Teapot!

Yeah finally lol beautiful flower

Cheers guys! The flowers don't last very long so enjoy them while you can.

I was getting some oil on the surface, I think from the Echinodorus leaves dying above the water and then decomposing once they dropped back below the surface. Added one of those little Eheim skimmers on a timer - comes on once every 3hrs for 1minute. Keeps the surface sparkly... thinking of adding more wood when I have a bit more time.

Back