• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green severum, browsing or eating?

mr. luke

My green severum seems to take a liking to any moss i put in,
although im not sure if they are plant eaters, or just graze on the surface like they do everything else? any hints on this one?

Severums are browsers and will nibble at things. They're not as bad as Uara which are like under-water lanmowers! Try giving them some tastier options like some lettuce, courgettes or frozen peas and see if that stops them eating the mosses. Or try cheap mosses - fish never seem to want to eat those!!!! :lol:

They hate java moss :D although the bga loves it :rolleyes:
im thinking, a bunch of cabomba at the front as my sev is lazy, he doesnt look for food, he eats from the same plae, and i its not there, he gives up :D

I had severums eat my hygrophilas before. So yes, they are herbivorous. In fact, I took the back the LFS because of it.

Since this thread was started ive learnt that nothing is safe :rolleyes:
Even java fern and anubias get shredded.

I have several 'shredded' plants in 2tanks. One has 2Severum,which I suspect ate the guilty parties there.The other tank has Siamese flying fox,dwarf chain loach and 3Black Ghost knife fish.

Could the Siamese flying fox be responsible ?

Jon

Back