• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green tiger barbs in planted tank

Dorey

Hi guys I want to keep a large group of green tiger barbs in my new scape, I know these guys can be bullies but I’ve never kept them and always wanted to....has anyone kept these in a planted tank with any issues?

Hi
I have a number of years ago they are not as boisterous when in larger groups, they tend to bicker every now and again with each other!
I kept them with Tiger Barbs and found these could be a bit more boisterous!
You shouldn't have any problem with larger numbers in your planted tank!
hoggie

Thanks for the reply mate. Sounds promising I will defo be keeping them in a large group 👍🏼

I keep different color morph tiger barb in group of 5 or more, and they are not aggressive towards one another or other fish. My congo and bleeding heart tetra fight among themselves more often than the barb. This is contrary to published profiles that barb are aggressive, and tetra are peaceful.

Attachments

• BarbRasboras.jpeg
    BarbRasboras.jpeg
    834.5 KB · Views: 284
  • TigerBarb.jpeg
    TigerBarb.jpeg
    955.9 KB · Views: 293
I keep different color morph tiger barb in group of 5 or more, and they are not aggressive towards one another or other fish. My congo and bleeding heart tetra fight among themselves more often than the barb. This is contrary to published profiles that barb are aggressive, and tetra are peaceful.
Nice pics mate, thanks for the information 👍🏼

It used to be said that they can damage plants but I'm guessing that was the more soft leaved varieties. I had a group of about 20 in the past and they didn't do any noticiable damage to the plants or indeed each other.

I have kept them in the past in a mixed group also. And as long as the numbers of them are suffeienct they will be grat fish with lots of character. I would recommend an Odd number over 7 or more. The more the better and never even amount from experience.
They should be fine with plants, and they were ok with gouramies, other tetras etc

Back