• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Greetings and thanks to UKAPS!

finniche

Happy new year to one and all. I am very thankful to these forums for vast amount of useful information, inspiring journals and engaging discussions. I have been reading and following UKAPS for many years now and finally decided to register and join in on the fun.

I have had aquariums on and off in various stages of my life for over 40 years now. First a junior aquarist, then a budding cichlid breeder and as a adult I have had a showcase aquarium in my different homes. Latest craze, for couple of years now, has been planted tanks and aquascaping.

I was a subsciber to TFH magazine way back and became aware of nature aquariums then. They really inspired and intrigued me but it took me awhile to realise my dreams of having one. When I most recently restarted the aquarium hobby once again the possibilities to realise such a setup had increased because of available information and online stores. One aquarium quickly became four running aquascapes and here we are.

Last year I decided to challenge myself and participated in EAPLC and IAPLC for the first time. That gave me a good focus for the hobby and I am planning to continue on that path for awhile.

As another recent new member said aquascaping in Finland is a small niche, but I see many signs of growing interest and increasing possibilities of the scene growing nationally here. But it is the international community that is really the support and inspiration that gives me so much joy. So thank you again to all of you for that!

These were my contest entries last year

EAPLC ADA60P #76 in medium category

EAPLC2020_JS.JPG

and 100x50x50 cm for IAPLC #724
IAPLC2020_JS.jpg

Back