• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Greetings from California!

Barliman

Seedling
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Anthony, a new member from Culver City, California, USA. I've been an aquarium keeper since I was a teen in the 70s, but I've only recently gotten back into it after being away for a few years, thanks to some unenlightened landlords.

My experience with plants had been with low-light, easy plants (anubias, crypts, &c.), but I decided to mark my return to the hobby by diving into the deep end: a 20-long tank with high light, more demanding, and even... red plants. :eek: I've done okay, but I've had my battles with algae and with nutrient deficiency, and I've come to the conclusion that I can't avoid pressurized CO2. Now I just need to find *someone* in the West Los Angeles area who'll fill paintball sized tanks. You'd be surprised how difficult that is... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm happy to meet y'all and I'm looking forward to learning from you. :thumbup:

Hi Barliman
Welcome to our great society!
Nice introduction. :thumbup:
You could always go down the Sodastream route to inject Co2!
hoggie

Hi Hoggie,
Thanks for the warm welcome. :) I'm not sure what sodastream is (used for carbonated drinks?), but I've bought all the goods for the pressurized system already. The only thing I didn't research was the availability of paintball CO2 refills in my area... :banghead:

Welcome from Missouri:cigar:

Back