• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Greetings from North Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Adam P

Hi everyone,

Adam here in Conwy, North Wales (very soft water!). I've been keeping tropical fish for nearly 10 years. Been a lurker on the forums for years, but decided to register before my latest planted aquarium adventure. Currently have a 95 L low tech planted, but have a second hand 200 L Aqua Oak 110 cm doors and drawers to set up and move my fish into when it's all set up, planted and cycled: (Aqua Oak 110cm Doors & Drawers Aquarium & Cabinet).

Tank comes with an Interpet Tri Spec 2 with Bluetooth controller. I know the Bluetooth controller/app isn't great to say the least, but are the lights are okay for plant growth with CO2 injection? Looking to inject CO2 from a tank/extinguisher with the right regulators and timed solenoid valve.

I'm ditching the two internal filters that come with the tank and thinking of a Fluval 407 cannister with a spray bar. Lily pipes aren't an option because the tank has a large oak lid that I don't want to butcher. Should give me a 7x tank volume turnover. I know 10x is the gold standard, but I'm looking to have some Pearl Gouramis that don't like too high a flow in the tank. This is the main reason I've decided against a Fluval FX4. If flow becomes an issue I can add a power head later, right?

Due to the position of the tank and it being visible from the front and from the side, I'm thinking of a scape similar to George Farmer's Aquascaper 1200 in this video:

I like the open areas of sand substrate, and I have Panda Corydoras and German Rams which will appreciate them.

I have two little bundles of joy under three years old, so a lower maintenance set up is the goal (relatively speaking of course, I know this hobby will take all the free time you have if you want it too 😄). If anyone has any thoughts, suggestions or ideas then please share with me. I hope to do a journal thread, showing setting up, scaping, plant growth, algal blooms, BBA invasion, crypt melt, me swearing lots, etc.

Cheers,

Adam

Back