• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Greetings UKAPS team!

JunaidAhmed

Seedling
Hi Folks,

I have started my first tank in May 2020 during lockdown. A friend asked me to start with Diana Walstad method so I can learn the basics before going high-tech.
I started with 1 inch garden soil and cap it with 2 inch of silica sand, in the beginning I lost many plants due to low light and water parameters. I learned from my mistakes during this period so I thought to go high-tech from Jan 1st and expand my knowledge for the beautiful underwater world :)

on 1st Jan, I removed all the plants and some silica sand which was dull and infected with algae and then added Netlea soil 1kg and mix with silica, later I added 2 kg more to make 1 inch layer on Natlea on top. added 12 different plants and waiting for results.

Tank size: 24x15x15
Filter: Jebo 503 HOB
Light: Micmol G3 Aqua Air (60W Planted) set to 40% intensity for first month. (6 PM to 10 PM in the beginning)
Co2: Pressurized Co2 (1bps in starting) (5 pm to 10 PM
Water : RO Water ( Change daily 20%) (for the first 10/15 days)
TDS : under 175
Fertlizer: None (don't have any) need recommendations

please let me know your suggestions, I am happy to hear what you guys think about my setup.
adding some pictures :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_204050.jpg
    IMG_20210107_204050.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 114
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 87
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 87
Hi and welcome

Like Hogan said a journal will help plus will need all the details you can get plus what units for tank cm or inches or just state volume in litres after dimensions and units will be obvious. Yes you need some ferts (very soon) esp if high tech, what ferts can you get locally?

Back