• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Greetings

Dear All,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I started a project of making a couple of small planted aquariums out of 1.5litre bottles just over a year ago, one of them is still going strong however the other failed. I've put some videos of this on my YouTube channel which I made recently and named it Unusual Aquarium Ecosystems. Please let me know what you think! I also have a great couple of videos of my tour of Sea Life Center, Birmingham

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-yECL1nqlqP6bzgngZDsUA/videos?view_as=subscriber

I intend on making more out of unusual glass or clear plastic objects, check out my video of using a Bubble Lights Tube decorative unit as an aquarium, it looked pretty cool! If you have any ideas please share them and I might make a video of it!

I was given some shrimp last May for my birthday and have seen kept a couple of shrimp in a 1 gallon drinks dispenser. I chose this as an aquarium because with it having a tap on the bottom it would make water changes easy.

Anyway, hope to get to know some more people on the net who are into fish in the UK. Most the channels I follow on YouTube are American..

Kind regards,

I'm just curious did anyone have any ideas that they would like me to look at in terms of making an unusual aquarium? Also was this thread observed by anyone? I didn't see it in the new postings section.

Thank you Sparkyweasel!

Did you check out my videos on YouTube? I am looking for opinions! Good or bad! I know they could be bigger but the space is limited and the idea was to make smaller aquariums.

It's good you're showing what you can do in a small space, and that it can be fun with snails for livestock. Much better than cramming fish into tiny tanks and jars. Keep it up :)

Back