• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Greetings

Welcome

Great news about the plants.
AE was the first place i bought plants online and have never had better.

Does this mean we may get to see a AE aquascape or 2 on here soon?

milla

Excellent news, do you plan to do a wider range of woods too, some wood, plants and kits for nano's would be good too.

JOHNNY

milla said:
Welcome

Great news about the plants.
AE was the first place i bought plants online and have never had better.

Does this mean we may get to see a AE aquascape or 2 on here soon?

milla

I'm looking forward to selling plants again too. Glad you were happy first time round.

I don't have much time for scaping these days :(

johnny70 said:
Excellent news, do you plan to do a wider range of woods too, some wood, plants and kits for nano's would be good too.

JOHNNY

A wider range of wood is something I intend to expand on

Of course for plants, the choice is yours with Tropica

Kits for Nanos? We have glass ware and diffusers specifically for Nanos if that's what you mean?

Themuleous said:
Nice one Richard :) did you sort the heat problem that made you stop selling them previously?

Sam

No I didn't - I'll be stocking them submersed for the time being. I am looking into a more advanced hydroponic set up with climate control though

When he says a kit for nano's I think he means an off the peg system like the D&D reef nano's.
everything together as a package lily's, tank, diffuser, substrate, light, filter. It'd be a nice package deal a just add water and plants system, fun but impractical I reckon.
What I would like to see from AE is free stuff ;)
I notice you moved lily pipes into filtration at last, that used to erk me no end!

Garuf said:
When he says a kit for nano's I think he means an off the peg system like the D&D reef nano's.
everything together as a package lily's, tank, diffuser, substrate, light, filter. It'd be a nice package deal a just add water and plants system, fun but impractical I reckon.
What I would like to see from AE is free stuff ;)
I notice you moved lily pipes into filtration at last, that used to erk me no end!

Ah yes, an all in one job. Nice idea but very difficult for stock control on websites

Yep, moved lily pipes into filtration. I've been running a survey for a while and that was some of the feedback which I took on board. I somehow missed it last time and then forgot about it

The Rhinox 5000 is the business and i bought it from a certain retailer whose name i shan't mention *coughs* aqua essentials ;) and it was the business until my clumsy hands cracked it.
Have you considered a Co2 reactor? I believe that is the general method with such large tanks.

Do you have a shop we could visit? We could make it part of a trip, and uh I'm sure lots and lots of money will be spent! Nice to meet you too!

Lisa_Perry75 said:
Do you have a shop we could visit? We could make it part of a trip, and uh I'm sure lots and lots of money will be spent! Nice to meet you too!

funny you mention that. I was only talking to my new supplier of mini landscape rocks and redmoor wood (which arrives next Thurs) about shops and he was saying he believes the planted aquarium market is the most untapped market in the UK.

We were discussing planted v marine and he said you wouldn't believe how many people spend up to 20k on a huge marine tank with all the equipment and live stock and in the planted market, you could spend 2-3k and have the same but nicer. Problem is, no one is doing it right and most retailers know how to keep fish but mention C02 and you only need to watch them peddle backwards looking rather unsure...

Anyway, I will open a shop in the future. The warehouse in which AE operates from is not kitted out for customers. 12' high shelving is not really ideal for customers to browse especially if they are climbing up ladders :)

I know someone looking for an inline diffuser for a 240l very soon ;) .

Aquamas are the favourites at the moment, buy you never know....

Dave.

Yes you're totally right.

Most people want well planted tanks, when they see the pictures of tanks on the tank box for example. People just do not know how to achieve this. They buy non-aquatic plants, with their substandard lighting fromt their all in one tank kits and they buy some inert gravel which will do nothing for the plants as the only dosing they'll do is something like plant-gro.

I must say how frustrating it is to spend what you consider a fortune on plants for them to all die.

I think it's mainly the inadequecies of the lfs employees... Then again, isn't that where most of the problems in the hobby stem from? (don't forget I was one too so no offence to those rare good ones)

You get plants back in on the day I get some from eBay for more than you were selling and I have £10 of points to spend too....pah :)

George Farmer said:
Aqua Essentials said:
TDI-line said:
Richard, what co2 diffusers can you recommend for a 720 litre tank?

It's got to be the Rhinox 5000 8)

Cracking diffuser

Or three!

I'd go for inline reactor, personally. AE have some new ones in Feb I understand... ;)

Any news on the new reactors Richard?

I may have to spend some of my saved Aqua Points.... ;)

Back