• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GreggZ Planted Rainbow Tank!

206 pages worth of 24 karat gold deleted by some brainless punk.
I appreciate the support my friend. Sad thing is there were so many contributions from so many people in that thread that are now lost. Besides my usual drivel there were loads of nuggets that came from dozens and dozens of people who are actively involved in the hobby. It was a good run!

Welcome Gregg. Reading through your interview was a pleasure. Nice plants as well.
Here is a spy photo taken of you during your discussion with the moderators at plantedtank.net

human_batteries.jpg

Cheers,

Welcome Gregg. Reading through your interview was a pleasure. Nice plants as well.
Here is a spy photo taken of you during your discussion with the moderators at plantedtank.net

View attachment 184484

Cheers,

Greggz took the red pill and is now liberated!!
Thanks for the LOL moments. I did a spit take when I read both of them.

I have to say everyone here has been very welcoming and it's much appreciated.

I appreciate the support my friend. Sad thing is there were so many contributions from so many people in that thread that are now lost. Besides my usual drivel there were loads of nuggets that came from dozens and dozens of people who are actively involved in the hobby. It was a good run!
Banning/suspending a member is one thing but deleting a long running thread of thousands of posts just because some ego got bruised shows some serious brain disfunction. They are actually depriving members from quality content so technically loosing views and possibly members. I am pretty sure the mods/admin there strongly believe they are punishing you when it's just the opposite. 😂

I really need to start a journal. But in the meantime will post something interesting here.

Due to an equipment failure I have had no CO2 for 5 days. Part was supposed to arrive today but now is delayed. Likely another 5 days before I have CO2 again. Turned down lights to 50-60 PAR and everything else business as usual. Interesting thing is that all in all tank is holding up pretty good. We'll see what happens as more time goes by.
20220323_161852.jpg

Hi @GreggZ ,

like i have already said to you on TPT you have an amazing colorful tank! Its not the first time i hear about controversial banning on TPT, sadly a big knowledge stuff gone for them.

What kind of Light/bulb are you using to achieve this purpleish hue ?

8ppm PO4 per week, wow. That seems extremely high, what is the thinking behind that?

8ppm PO4 per week, wow. That seems extremely high, what is the thinking behind that?
That's what most people dosing EI level (~4ppm) and doing 50% WC have. The problem is that people seem to forget there is accumulation. That 8ppm is the peak after several week. So instead of dosing daily, he front loads and targets peak levels. Have a read < here >.

Like @Hanuman said above, that is the target I dose new incoming water to. It would be the same as saying I'm dosing 4 ppm PO4 with 50% water changes. I know some people believe PO4 is the devil and causes algae, but in my opinion plants love it. Here's the tank when I was targeting 10 ppm PO4.
20211101_151351 (2).jpg

That's what most people dosing EI level (~4ppm) and doing 50% WC have. The problem is that people seem to forget there is accumulation. That 8ppm is the peak after several week. So instead of dosing daily, he front loads and targets peak levels. Have a read < here >.

Like @Hanuman said above, that is the target I dose new incoming water to. It would be the same as saying I'm dosing 4 ppm PO4 with 50% water changes. I know some people believe PO4 is the devil and causes algae, but in my opinion plants love it. Here's the tank when I was targeting 10 ppm PO4.View attachment 185009
That makes sense, I hadn’t thought about accumulation.

Back