Grey Squirrel

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
11,134
Location
London
Nice one :) think they use the tails just for balance and not really for holding on too.
We get lots of greys in London and I have way too many photos of them haha

I prefer the reds though, shame there is non in London :(
 

aaronnorth

Member
Thread starter
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
LondonDragon said:
Nice one :) think they use the tails just for balance and not really for holding on too.
We get lots of greys in London and I have way too many photos of them haha

I prefer the reds though, shame there is non in London :(

I have never seen a red squirrel, quite surprising where i live too.
The pics arent great as they were took through a window 5mins before i left for school :rolleyes:
 

Luketendo

Member
Joined
25 Feb 2008
Messages
631
Location
Australia
aaronnorth said:
LondonDragon said:
Nice one :) think they use the tails just for balance and not really for holding on too.
We get lots of greys in London and I have way too many photos of them haha

I prefer the reds though, shame there is non in London :(

I have never seen a red squirrel, quite surprising where i live too.
The pics arent great as they were took through a window 5mins before i left for school :rolleyes:

Is there coniferous forest near your house then?
 

aaronnorth

Member
Thread starter
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
Luketendo said:
aaronnorth said:
LondonDragon said:
Nice one :) think they use the tails just for balance and not really for holding on too.
We get lots of greys in London and I have way too many photos of them haha

I prefer the reds though, shame there is non in London :(

I have never seen a red squirrel, quite surprising where i live too.
The pics arent great as they were took through a window 5mins before i left for school :rolleyes:

Is there coniferous forest near your house then?

we are surrounded by numerous fields/ woods/ trees. Here is the one by the side of the house, and as you can see it goes back quite a bit.
There, is another large forest haf way down the street too. That one is even larger than the one pictured here (covers miles).

DSCF0002-7.jpg

DSCF0005-3.jpg


to show the depth:
DSCF0004-3.jpg


Thanks
 

plantbrain

Expert
Joined
2 Aug 2007
Messages
1,946
Little bastards.
Hate them.
Dig up my Bonasi trying to bury and fetch acorns.

The other 1/2 said I could not shoot them, so a trap went out. I'm quite the expert Squirrel trapper these days, bags 22 so far. I take them out a miles from here and let them go. Taste good though.

I use bread with almond extract, baits them every time.

Trap works pretty darn well. Vermin.
Wish I could shoot the dog next door, well, the owner would be the real person at fault, perhaps shoot both of them.
Vicious unsocialized varmit, her fault too.
Bad dog owner.......really bad.

I'll take a pic of the next one I nab, should not be too long, we have a nice oak out back, so they move in right after the next one is relocated.
 

aaronnorth

Member
Thread starter
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
11,134
Location
London
aaronnorth said:
i love is hands, something you would see in a cartoon. :lol:
Haha what an idiot!!! shame he didn't get his face scrapped a little more on the treat mill! lol
 

Nick16

Member
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Messages
1,769
Location
Surrey, UK
there is an albino one in our local town. it is always in the graveyard. it is probably the most famous thing in this place.!
 

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
11,134
Location
London
aaronnorth said:
I take it that is what 300mm+ lenses are for?
still learning about focal length when people say oh i used this etc :rolleyes:
I have a 400mm lens for my camera and I wish I had gone for the 500mm.
If anyone is into wildlife photography I would recommend the Sigma 50-500mm its a great lens at a very decent price.
 

aaronnorth

Member
Thread starter
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
LondonDragon said:
aaronnorth said:
I take it that is what 300mm+ lenses are for?
still learning about focal length when people say oh i used this etc :rolleyes:
I have a 400mm lens for my camera and I wish I had gone for the 500mm.
If anyone is into wildlife photography I would recommend the Sigma 50-500mm its a great lens at a very decent price.

Thanks, i think i am getting the hang of it now 8)
 
Top