• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Grey Squirrel

Nice one :) think they use the tails just for balance and not really for holding on too.
We get lots of greys in London and I have way too many photos of them haha

I prefer the reds though, shame there is non in London :(

LondonDragon said:
Nice one :) think they use the tails just for balance and not really for holding on too.

I have never seen a red squirrel, quite surprising where i live too.
The pics arent great as they were took through a window 5mins before i left for school :rolleyes:

aaronnorth said:
LondonDragon said:

The pics arent great as they were took through a window 5mins before i left for school :rolleyes:

Is there coniferous forest near your house then?

Luketendo said:
aaronnorth said:
LondonDragon said:

Is there coniferous forest near your house then?

we are surrounded by numerous fields/ woods/ trees. Here is the one by the side of the house, and as you can see it goes back quite a bit.
There, is another large forest haf way down the street too. That one is even larger than the one pictured here (covers miles).

DSCF0002-7.jpg

DSCF0005-3.jpg

to show the depth:
DSCF0004-3.jpg

Thanks

Little bastards.
Hate them.
Dig up my Bonasi trying to bury and fetch acorns.

The other 1/2 said I could not shoot them, so a trap went out. I'm quite the expert Squirrel trapper these days, bags 22 so far. I take them out a miles from here and let them go. Taste good though.

I use bread with almond extract, baits them every time.

Trap works pretty darn well. Vermin.
Wish I could shoot the dog next door, well, the owner would be the real person at fault, perhaps shoot both of them.
Vicious unsocialized varmit, her fault too.
Bad dog owner.......really bad.

I'll take a pic of the next one I nab, should not be too long, we have a nice oak out back, so they move in right after the next one is relocated.

aaronnorth said:
i love is hands, something you would see in a cartoon. :lol:
Haha what an idiot!!! shame he didn't get his face scrapped a little more on the treat mill! lol

there is an albino one in our local town. it is always in the graveyard. it is probably the most famous thing in this place.!

aaronnorth said:
I take it that is what 300mm+ lenses are for?
still learning about focal length when people say oh i used this etc :rolleyes:
I have a 400mm lens for my camera and I wish I had gone for the 500mm.
If anyone is into wildlife photography I would recommend the Sigma 50-500mm its a great lens at a very decent price.

LondonDragon said:
aaronnorth said:
I take it that is what 300mm+ lenses are for?
still learning about focal length when people say oh i used this etc :rolleyes:
I have a 400mm lens for my camera and I wish I had gone for the 500mm.
If anyone is into wildlife photography I would recommend the Sigma 50-500mm its a great lens at a very decent price.

Thanks, i think i am getting the hang of it now 8)

Back