• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Group shipping buy for Manzanita driftwood from Tom Barr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our company has a 40' container of distribution transformers coming from New York in about 8 weeks time. If it was packed up right and i knew the dimensions, I might be able to get the freight forwarder to add it if it was delivered to NY port.

I am keen on a London meet up

Ditto :)

james3200 said:
Our company has a 40' container of distribution transformers coming from New York in about 8 weeks time. If it was packed up right and i knew the dimensions, I might be able to get the freight forwarder to add it if it was delivered to NY port.

This is an exciting development! If this works out it will be fantastic.

james3200 said:
I am keen on a London meet up

Ditto :)

great :)

nelson said:
shipping by sea all want containers or wooden boxes and loads of £££.need someone a bit smarter than me to look into it :?

Hence why I was talking about pallet boxes/crates ;)

AC

SuperColey1 said:
nelson said:
shipping by sea all want containers or wooden boxes and loads of £££.need someone a bit smarter than me to look into it :?

Hence why I was talking about pallet boxes/crates ;)

AC

@Andy - :oops: I apologise for correcting you before.

@Neil - I doubt I am smarter, but I will look into it :)

@Andy - :oops: I apologise for correcting you before.

No probs. I didn't notice you had 'corrected' me. Looking back through still can't see it :lol:

I used to ship stuff out to africa/asia and we always put crates/pallet boxes into containers. Was expensive even then but still much cheaper than airfreight.

AC

Has some one asked Tom if he has enough wood to fill a 40foot container?! that's an awful lot of wood.

No but pallet boxes/crates and all other sea freight tends to go into containers for the journey.

Even courier companies that send internationally like Parcel Force will use containers for sea freight and then at the other end it will be seperated again.

Therefore James' supplier's container will just have another box/pallet/crate within it.

AC

SuperColey1 said:
No but pallet boxes/crates and all other sea freight tends to go into containers for the journey.

Even courier companies that send internationally like Parcel Force will use containers for sea freight and then at the other end it will be seperated again.

Therefore James' supplier's container will just have another box/pallet/crate within it.

AC

I can palletize a batch if you wish, then drop off at a cargo place in Oakland or SF area.
Just tell me where or if they transport from Sacramento etc overland to the East coast.

Not an issue.

Have truck, pallets etc, and can drop off, they just fork lift it on and off it goes.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Hi Guys,

is there still any room to be able to request a few pieces, 3-4 roughly 30-40cm long?

Jack

hi jack,
nothing has be sorted for sure yet.theres a list in the thread.just get your name on it :D
neil

Thanks neil

If I can be put on the list that would be great, but should there be too many people already it's cool with me feel free to remove me :) dont want to cause any additional hassle or work for someone.

Thomas McMillan: (not sure how many) branchy bits, 20-40cm.
Tonser: lots of bits up to around 70cm (happy to help with shipping if needed).
Steve Smith: tiny to medium 5 - 50cm
sam clowsley: 15-30cm straighter pieces (about 12-15 if possible)
Glenn Eldridge: 1 big peice up to 70cm (a centre peice for a 100cm aquarium basicaly)-somthing with character
nelson:40-70cm bits + some smaller bits.pretty floral branch would be nice
johnny70:small-medium 10-50cm, branchy and straight bits (would need mine shipped to me, doubt I can get to the meets)
a1matt: a piece for a 3 foot tank, one that fills the tank. and then another one for the same size tank again. A couple of nano size centrepieces. Then a handful of branchy bits as well. I like gnarly\twisted wood.
Ejack: a few pieces, 3-4 roughly 30-40cm long

I've added you to the list Jack :)
I do no think there is a shortage of wood, we are in the process of organising cost effective shipping at the moment.

Pallet / crate sounds like a great plan James, if you can arrange that. It'll give me an excuse to come and see your Wilds :D

I will know in about a week to 10 days how much space will be left in the container

Welcome any time :D

james3200 said:
Pallet / crate sounds like a great plan James, if you can arrange that. It'll give me an excuse to come and see your Wilds :D

I will know in about a week to 10 days how much space will be left in the container

Welcome any time :D

I am only a 30min drive from Croydon (when the traffic is behaving) and would love to see your Wilds as well.

Sure no problem, the office is just past Airport House on the Purley Way. If a few people want to come and see them at once that would be cool, PM me ;)

You know, I can simply send some small dead old trees and let you folks carve them up to whatever sizes you need.
They run about 90cm or so, and then the branches can be trimmed to suit.

A little careful breaking and roughing up with a wire brush can add a less obvious break.
We have lots of trees about this size(fields/hillsides full).
They also do not weight much.

I think I'll just get a dozen or so. No one is after things bigger than 70cm it seems.
I might find some larger flat pieces, they make good terracing wood.

Regards,
Tom Barr

a1Matt said:
Thomas McMillan: (not sure how many) branchy bits, 20-40cm.
Tonser: lots of bits up to around 70cm (happy to help with shipping if needed).
Steve Smith: tiny to medium 5 - 50cm
sam clowsley: 15-30cm straighter pieces (about 12-15 if possible)
Glenn Eldridge: 1 big peice up to 70cm (a centre peice for a 100cm aquarium basicaly)-somthing with character
nelson:40-70cm bits + some smaller bits.pretty floral branch would be nice
johnny70:small-medium 10-50cm, branchy and straight bits (would need mine shipped to me, doubt I can get to the meets)
a1matt: a piece for a 3 foot tank, one that fills the tank. and then another one for the same size tank again. A couple of nano size centrepieces. Then a handful of branchy bits as well. I like gnarly\twisted wood.
Ejack: a few pieces, 3-4 roughly 30-40cm long
SimonD: 4 or 5 lengths 40 - 70cm combination of branched/straight. Whatever I'm sure it'll be good and can make it work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back