• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Growing Aponogeton boivianus from bulb

:) Aponogeton in general can be a mysterious spieces, they are very addaptable but like with a mind of their own.. As said about its dormancy is still not known why and how it actualy works in these plants.. Only thing we know is sometimes the plant desides that it needs it. Its a plant that grows or just don't if it doesn't in most cases yu just need to have patience.

Like this little bugger bellow.
DSC_0144.jpg

It's over a year old and it was 3 times smaller back then.. Ripped from iits mother and all the leaves died off back then. Since it is a little bulb that actualy very slowly grows bigger and harder, it grows roots it even grows tiny foliage, but it's barely can be called a plant. And it is only in the water column the last few weeks and that long root you see doubled in size since. What i find most remarkable is the bulb keeps growing with a minimum of green foliage in the last year it didn't grow much bigger leaves than you see now. It grows and sheds new leaves and roots.. I do not have it in the substrate because i'm afraid to forget about its location in the dirt and suck it up one day with syphoning and loose it, it happenend to me before with some rare hard to get tiny bits of plants and moss sp. so this one i rather keep it at a safe spot.. But it was for a few months in the substrate and it didn't realy make a difference. It still is what it is and it grows.. All i can do is wait. They are extremely hardy little very sufficient energy factories determined to live it's own mysterious life. :) I have no clue why it is so hard headed and what it is waiting for..

Back