• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Growing Mosses - Top Tips Needed

Superman

I'm going for a mossy look of tanks and wondered if forum users could post their wide range of experiences of mosses on this thread. I'm particularly interested in Christmas moss but others would be good for future reference and other forum users.

I've never been able to keep mosses clean or neatly grown. I'm always jealous of people like Viktor who show off perfect mosses.

Please can people outline their maintainence and pruning routines. If possible with photos too!

Thanks, maybe if there's some good info this could be converted into a sticky/article.

Hi Clark, I feel a pang of guilt reading your thread as I promised some time ago, and have every good intention of, writing a moss article for UKAPS.

In the meantime

tip #1 - keep moss clean. That is the single biggest thing to keeping it healthy. An army of shrimps does a fantastic job of this :thumbup: If you do not have shrimps then run your fingers through it once a week until no dirt comes off of it. I stopped needing to clean mine manually once my shrimp population got to about 50 shrimp.

Here is an old thread with some tips on it...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6848

Back