• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Growing Raccia

tgc

I was just wondering what would be involed in trying to farm Raccia on a smallish scale. The reason being I'm gonna need quite alot of it eventually when I rescape the tank.

I have a spare small tank (5gal), Loads of spare T8's and control gear...... etc

What I was planning on doing was to filll the tank a couple of inches, no subsrate? (being a floating plant).

That is about as far as my knowledge goes :?

What would be the best way to get any ferts to the plants (if needed)

What would be the best way to get the c02 to the plants (if needed)

Obviously I'll have missed something, any help gratefully recieved.

Cheers Tim

link to thread

;)

if you just want to grow loads then just leave it to float and it will use atmospheric co2 so no need to inject. as to ferts you could add a small amount of general trace ferts but IMO not totally necessary for just growing it out. plenty of light and lots of water changes will bring about the best results.

to really farm it like mad, add lots and lots of NO3 and PO4.. i used to be able to grow it so fast it would double its mass every 10 days.. I had so much I sold it constantly on ebay for about 3 months.

While Riccia will grow with very little ferts, for it to really take off, it needs to be a nitrogen and phosphate sponge.

Back