• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

grrr... crap broken eheim ecco 2032

greenink

This is very very annoying:

Photo%2030-12-2011%2009%2025%2041.jpg

Handle just snapped when priming it. Not great when about to head off for three days. Anyone else had issues with this filter? Find it hard to prime personally, so going for a fluval or eheim prof depending on what the LFS has in stock right now...

i have heard/read of this happening from time to time.

ps, nice PJ's and white sock combo.

I feel your pain, I had the EXACT same problem with this filter. It's the inner V-part that can break easily, especially when the rubber O-ring is a bit dry.

I switched to an Eheim 3 pro and loving it. Much easier to prime and more l/h. Makes more noise though and watt consumption is higher too.

Yeah, had a similar issue but noticed the handle about to pop out of its housing before I pushed it too far. Another issue this plasticky filter has is with the hose locking nuts which make the hose almost impossible to remove. It's not a bad filter for the money but I think a revision 2 is in order to fix some of the design faults. Otherwise an Eheim Classic might be a better replacement.

Back