• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Guppies and shrimp

Brad123

Was thinking of trying to get some show guppies do they eat shrimp. Had a quick look on the Internet and looks like they do just wondering if any 1 has kept them.

If you want Guppies and Shrimp together then have a breeding colony of shrimp in a separate tank and introduce the offspring from that tank to the Guppy tank. When introducing the shrimp try to do this down a tube into a hiding spot and not directly via the water surface otherwise the fish will treat the shrimp the same way as anything else hitting the water surface, as food.

At some point the shrimp in the Guppy tank should be able to increase their numbers if they’re good at hiding, if they’re not good at hiding then the Guppies will weed those out!

:)

5 Endlers wiped out a 200+ colony in a matter of days - rasborahs seem less inclined to snack in my experience

I had to return my guppies to the Shop as they was aggressive towards my shrimp. The shop did say that if I had a good amount of hiding space for the shrimp they should be fine but didn't trust that advice after seeing their behaviour with the shrimp.

I had to return my guppies to the Shop as they was aggressive towards my shrimp. The shop did say that if I had a good amount of hiding space for the shrimp they should be fine but didn't trust that advice after seeing their behaviour with the shrimp.
how many guppies did you put into the tank? Agreed that guppies tend to be quite aggressive once they are in a large number of colonies. In my opinion, introduce your guppies in small numbers to reduce their aggressiveness at first. For the hiding spots, it's always essential for any kind of shrimp due to their natural habits.

Back