• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gutted, my Betta been naughty!

chrisfraser05

My missus just went into clean my office tank for me and my siamese fighter had a RCS in his mouth :(

He's been really good up to now but I think he may have been eating the babies and got a taste for them.

She's going to check if there are any adults left and move them to my main community tank.

Is a pity as it was ace seeing the red fish and red shrimp contrasting to the tank.

Heres the tank by the way,

DSC02015.jpg

(please ignore the background as it was a temp measure lol)

And the community

DSC02060.jpg

I think the platys in your community tank will do the same thing :thumbdown: Maybe even the cory's in your betta tank would be looking at your rcs as well.

The platys are fine with the RCS, there already a few in there and they're not interested!

billy boy said:
I think the platys in your community tank will do the same thing :thumbdown: Maybe even the cory's in your betta tank would be looking at your rcs as well.

+one.

That's not naughty, that's a good boy, eating up his tea! It's when he stops eating shrimp that you want to start worrying. :lol:

(I know you were only joking!)

this kind of raises a question, what fish can be kept with rcs?

this kind of raises a question, what fish can be kept with rcs?

Nanos, I wouldn't keep a betta with shrimps personally! Especially when they reach their full size, their mouth can fit a shrimp ;)

CPD's
Hatchetfish (marble, pygmy)
Boraras brigittae
Dario dario
Otocinclus Catfish
Amanda Tetra

plenty more too I think

Cool! I might come back to this. I really love the male beta fish. Definitely the most interesting fish I have kept. Not shy at all either, always used to swim to the front of the tank when I got home, expecting to be fed ha!

Back