• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hagen Fluval 105

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Just wondering if anyone knows the dimenssions of this filter?
Had a look on the Hagen website but oddly enough is not there.
Just need to see if it will fit in my shrimp rack next to the tanks.

Many thanks

Just had a quick look and the Eden 501 fit pretty nicely, but not sure if the 300lph flow is good enough!
But then again its just for shrimp so should do the job.

Except that filter is horrible in the same way a 2224 is. :p what about the hydor P series?

Garuf said:
:p what about the hydor P series?
I did look at the Prime 10 but again couldn't find a size for it!!! Crap manufacturer websites!!!

Garuf said:
Filters aren't that big, just put them on the floor. :lol:
Nah they must fit on the shelve next to the tank, has to be tidy, don't want the dog chewing on filter tubes lol

Garuf said:
Get a bigger shelf unit?
Nah don't want it to take up the entire house, this is something that is going in my study.
Can always fit two Eden 501 per tank! lol

Garuf said:
Except that filter is horrible in the same way a 2224 is. :p
I have read good and bad reviews regarding the Eden 501's, some poeple are very happy with them and other not so happy. I guess it all depends how you use them and what you use them for. I might go with them in the end or a similar filter off ebay has I have seen them there, just similar filters seem to run at 200lph rather than the Eden's 300lph which I prefer.
Regarding the 2224 I have one in my tank for about 4 years and it never gave me any problems, fair enough the flow is not great for a planted tank (now I know that, reason for adding some powerheads in my tank and not removing the internal juwel filter) but the filter as been doing a reasonable job in my tank filtration wise, what bad experiences have you had with it?? Just saying its "horrible" doesn't give others a lot of feedback ;)

Much the same as you really, poor turnover, adding an external heater kills the flow dead and If you tilt it it leaks something rotten, despite having a new seal.

Garuf said:
Much the same as you really, poor turnover, adding an external heater kills the flow dead and If you tilt it it leaks something rotten, despite having a new seal.
I did have to replace the seal once on it as it leaked, that was about a year ago and since then never leaked again. I wouldn't recommend it for a planted tank unless it was a small enough tank and you got the filter pretty cheap, at the full price there are much better filters out there, reason I plan to replace it before I tear down my tank and start again with a fertile substrate, cheers

I have two 105s and they are the business, if you had 200mm x x350mm then that would be ample. I also have a eden 501 and a hydor (not sure of the model since its sat at the bottom of my pile due to it's inferior performance) and the Fluval is by far the best. I also have a 205 and thats quality too.
All in all i have running at the minute:
an Eden 501
an Eheim 2128
2 JBL cristalprofi 5000s
a Fluval 205
2 Fluval 105s
As far as performance, noise and reliability are concerned the Fluvals have it sorted. Hope this helps.

This is refreshing and odd for me to read, a forum where filters can be discussed without it turning into the Eheim fan club doing their best to bash Fluval externals :lol: .

I'd vote for the 105 too, I run one on ~60L of water and it's excellent. The tank only has shrimp in it, but it has a lot of them and I feed them a lot, I've never needed to clean it out since I set it up in October (I've only ever opened it to add carbon in emergencies).

I run a 305 on a 190L planted tank too and also find it excellent.

I have one of the 200 l/h Eden clones (Resun CY-20) running on a 15L and it's OK on that, it was also good on the 25L planted tank I had in the past, but wasn't nearly enough for the ~60L tank though, I had to supplement it with a fluval 3 internal.

They are quite a pain when you have to clean them out regularly, I wouldn't recommend them for anything over 25L, and even then only if it's lightly stocked. Only cost around £15, got to say they are good value.

Back