• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

hagen glo t5ho 24w twin v's arcadia 24w twin contollers

bazz

why can i buy the hagen glo t5ho 24w twin conroller for £27.50, and yet the cheapest i can find the equivalent arcadia is £57.00, what am i missing?
incidently, yesterday i purchased a arcadia 11w lamp to try in my dennerle nanocube as i was a bit fed up with the clinical look of the bright dennele amazon daylight lamp, and was hoping to maybe bring out a little more colour. however, i changed it back after half an hour as after being used to the aforementioned tube, i could barely see into my tank!
cheers and thanx,
bazz!

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
bazz said:
why can i buy the hagen glo t5ho 24w twin conroller for £27.50, and yet the cheapest i can find the equivalent arcadia is £57.00, what am i missing?
Nothing, one says hagen the other arcadia, the extra letters it takes to print the name is the difference in cost ;) (built quality might have something to do with it also).

wordy

I was looking at getting a Hagen T5 Glo Light Luminaire the one I'd found was a 2x24w one, for about £55, but a 4x24w Arcadia one is getting on for £300 :wideyed:

Surely it'd be better just getting two Hagen ones for about a third of the price, or are the Arcadia ones that much better?

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
You should try and get one of these: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5546

If money is not object then go for the Arcadia, but I have one of these cheap ones and they go a great job!

davidcmadrid

LondonDragon said:
bazz said:
Nothing, one says hagen the other arcadia, the extra letters it takes to print the name is the difference in cost ;) (built quality might have something to do with it also).

Is the build quality to your knowledge poor with it not withstanding a mild knock or is there a noticeable and practical difference to the build quality. The Arcadia sounds nice and might have a more refined look , a bit like the Lily pipes effect but im keen to keep the cost down whilst not buying something flimsy and not up to the task. Im exploring lighting a little deeper now and trying to discern the marketing diatribe that is associated with the expensive kit that is available ( which the purchasers of same seem to propogate ) from what does the job safely and well. My understanding is that the Hagen Glo is very effective with good sealing to the electrics , sturdy and has great reflectors.