hagen glo t5ho 24w twin v's arcadia 24w twin contollers

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bazz, 7 Apr 2009.

1. bazz

bazz Member

why can i buy the hagen glo t5ho 24w twin conroller for £27.50, and yet the cheapest i can find the equivalent arcadia is £57.00, what am i missing?
    incidently, yesterday i purchased a arcadia 11w lamp to try in my dennerle nanocube as i was a bit fed up with the clinical look of the bright dennele amazon daylight lamp, and was hoping to maybe bring out a little more colour. however, i changed it back after half an hour as after being used to the aforementioned tube, i could barely see into my tank!
    cheers and thanx,
    bazz!

2. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Nothing, one says hagen the other arcadia, the extra letters it takes to print the name is the difference in cost ;) (built quality might have something to do with it also).

3. wordy

wordy Newly Registered

I was looking at getting a Hagen T5 Glo Light Luminaire the one I'd found was a 2x24w one, for about £55, but a 4x24w Arcadia one is getting on for £300 :wideyed:

Surely it'd be better just getting two Hagen ones for about a third of the price, or are the Arcadia ones that much better?

4. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

You should try and get one of these: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5546

If money is not object then go for the Arcadia, but I have one of these cheap ones and they go a great job!

5. Ross

Ross Member

I have a twin 39w Hagen unit and I have had no problems.

6. nickmcmechan

nickmcmechan Member

i think (but might be wrong) that with the arcadia you can independantly switch each bulbs. i have the hagen and you can't

7. davidcmadrid

davidcmadrid Member

Is the build quality to your knowledge poor with it not withstanding a mild knock or is there a noticeable and practical difference to the build quality. The Arcadia sounds nice and might have a more refined look , a bit like the Lily pipes effect but im keen to keep the cost down whilst not buying something flimsy and not up to the task. Im exploring lighting a little deeper now and trying to discern the marketing diatribe that is associated with the expensive kit that is available ( which the purchasers of same seem to propogate ) from what does the job safely and well. My understanding is that the Hagen Glo is very effective with good sealing to the electrics , sturdy and has great reflectors.