• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Half Dead Plant Sent by Seapets

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I have to say that most of the online aquatic plant suppliers I used for Tulgey Wood were excellent including the plants from one or two of our sponsors.

However, this very sorry looking specimen was sent to me by Seapets.

13451748134_1e6dfd2feb.jpg

I also have to say that their customer service is appalling. I emailed them 6 days ago and sent this photo...there was no response.

So a day or two later I talked to a customer service representative on the phone who said they'd refund the money...as of yet no refund, even though I paid by PayPal...aren't PayPal refunds instant?

I have to say that most of the online aquatic plant suppliers I used for Tulgey Wood were excellent including the plants from one or two of our sponsors.

However, this very sorry looking specimen was sent to me by Seapets.

13451748134_1e6dfd2feb.jpg

I also have to say that their customer service is appalling. I emailed them 6 days ago and sent this photo...there was no response.

So a day or two later I talked to a customer service representative on the phone who said they'd refund the money...as of yet no refund, even though I paid by PayPal...aren't PayPal refunds instant?
Looks very poor!

I've also had issues with them in the past too when I ordered some coral sand. Also with TGM too with some plants arriving nearly 5 weeks after ordering.

IMO. I will only ever order plants from Aqua Essential, got them next day! Great service!

I got my aquarium from them, they said I would get it in 5 days and they would contact me saying which day I would need to be in. On day 3 I contacted them to say I wanted it on Friday the fifth day. They agreed and said they would confirm my delivery. The next day I had to call them at 16:15 before they closed to confirm my Friday delivery, they said it was ready and would be delivered Monday. When I began to complain and threaten cancellation they did get it on next day delivery. In the end I got what I wanted but it was hard work.

All the above is appalling, I've left plants outside for a few days in the winter I've removed from the tank and they have looked better. If you hadn't said rotala I'd never of guessed from what you have in that pot!!!!

That's all very poor indeed...Still nothing from Seapets, so I've since escalated the issue to a PayPal dispute and now a claim, since I'm not confident in getting my money back from them any other way, at least any time soon...

Either way there maybe a silver lining...I'm a sucker for a lost cause and decided to take up the challenge of trying to revive the poor thing - it was either that or the compost heap, and somehow I couldn't quite bring myself to do it. And against all odds there are one or two little green leaves sprouting from the very top of the stems. Still early days though...I should imagine it'll be in ICU for a good while yet...:nurse:

glad theirs a chance to resuscitate but poor show from suppliers good luck with your claim :)

FWIW, it's just taken Seapets a month to deliver 4 LED lights to me. Avoid them.

Back