Halfords Disposable Bottle Problem

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by mike_low3, 4 Nov 2009.

1. mike_low3

mike_low3 Member

Hi There,

I have a D&D CO2 set and my current disposable bottle has run out, so until i get another D&D bottle I thought I'd try one of the disposable CO2 bottles you can buy at halfords, trouble is everytime I try to screw it onto the regulator, the CO2 gas just escape's, no matter how tight i get the connection, the thread seems like the right size, I've seen the Halfords bottle's recommended on here before and I just wondered if anyone else has had this type of problem ?

2. JazzyJeff

JazzyJeff Member

I used too use the Halford disposables and never had any problems, I have now switched too a Fire Extinguisher lot more gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Could you be missing a washer in the reg?

Sam

4. mike_low3

mike_low3 Member

Just got it, I'd assumed the escape of gas was coming from the connection between the bottle and the reg, but it was coming from a lose nut for the optional high pressure gauge, tightened the nut and hey presto, no leak. Still can't understand why this worked lose, must be constant pressure ?
    Cheers
    Mike

5. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Glad you fixed it :)

Sam