• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Halide + T5

jonnyjr

Having moved back from marines to planted tanks again, I am planning a 36x 18 x 24 high, high tech planted tank. I have sorted everything so far. But still have a niggling in my mind about lighting. I have a 250w dimmable halide ballast and reflector etc, I also have T5 starters for 6 x 39w T5's and gullwing reflectors. Just looking for peoples opinions on which they would choose, or anyone who has experience of using halides for planted tanks. The range of bulbs and kelvin ratings is pretty limited from what I can find out for halides. I like the ability to alter how the tank looks with T5's buy just changing one or two bulbs. There is also the heat issue of halides. So may I have your opinions please people. :D

A lot of people are moveing towards Halide lights now you can move the light higher above the tank to reduce the intencity. i would go with this if i was you. :D

Back