• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Handling your dry fert powders??

tko187

I seen the caution signs but what would happen if you didnt wear gloves and some got on your hands?? Any experiences??

Thanks wasnt sure, i did get some on a couple of hours ago and my hands still irritant. As long as my hands dont fall off im cool with it!

None of them will hurt your hands or skin unless you are allergic to them. This is how they are stored. lol and I used to scoop tit into bags when I worked there with my bare hands to take home. lol. I think its safe to say that they can't be too harmful to inhale either (used to be a wind trap this bay)

K2SO4.jpg

Incidentally this is how your dry/play sand is stored!!!
Dry_Sand.jpg

Andy

Hey thats crazy and there i was trying not to touch the damn stuff!! Thanks for that, where did you work by the way??

tko187 said:
Hey thats crazy and there i was trying not to touch the damn stuff!! Thanks for that, where did you work by the way??

As Andy indicated, touching KNO3 or KH2PO4 is like touching table salt. We need to stop thinking of these dry powders as toxic chemicals and instead see them as food. When we change this mind set and eliminate our fear we will have an easier time growing plants.

Cheers,

Can't say where I worked so I don't get into trouble for nicking what amounts to a few pennies worth of product (£25 from AE or Garden Centres. lol)

Needless to say it is a fertiliser manufacturing company in the town I live. Very well known.

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
Can't say where I worked so I don't get into trouble for nicking what amounts to a few pennies worth of product (£25 from AE or Garden Centres. lol)

Needless to say it is a fertiliser manufacturing company in the town I live. Very well known.

Andy

Got ya, no probs, i was just wondering what kind of business it was.

Back