• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hanging a Luminaire

mattyc

Can anyone reccomend something i can use to hang my luminaire above my tank.

I am not allowed to put holes in the wall or cealing so it needs to be atachable to the tank or the unit. if there isnt anything i will have to make one.

Aquariums Ltd made this....
Shot.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

Failing that, you could just rest it on the tank rims using the feet supplied...

Thnaks Dan
that looks good the only problem is my light is wider than the tank and unit, i might make up some L shape brackets and put them down the back of the tank.

Nice idea, Hagen use them on the now discontinued Osaka. I found them to be a little distracting so i'd recommend a background if you go down that route.

i was going to get a blue or white background on the tank to hide the pipework. will have to see if the light gets the aproval from the Mrs first if not i will need to buy a 60cm light for the planted tank and use this light on my other tank.

I like the look of both of these set ups, the boss may not!! will have to wait and see what she says!! or just make one before she gets home :shifty:

Back