• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hanging light bracket help

id_darren

mfrQ9M
I want to hang these 3 bulbs as seen in pic. I cannot find the right brackets / or hanging kit . Any help would be appreciated , thank you.

Not sure what type of lighting you want to raise Darren,My aquarium is against a wall so I raised my 3ft luminaire APS model with silver grey adjustable shelving brackets and track from B&Q for about £20, raising kits specially for aquatcs can cost a lot more., one just reviewed in PFK mag about eighty quid I think

If it's a smallish tank on a stand then I have seen people using chrome clothes rails slightly modified to hang lights from. They tend to be height adjustable so handy in that regard.

I know what you mean Claire when I see chrome bathroom items at Wilkinsons.B&M and discount places I think how these could be adapted ,so often Aquarium products are too expensive in my opinion. The hanging kit APS had for the luminaire looked naff with no guarantee it would do the job.With the adj.brackets i used,obviously tank as to be against a wall, you can get really wide shelving if needed and hide the track with a bookshelf or whatever above if you wanted,but the silver grey matches silver hoods or luminaires perfect

mfrQ9M
I want to hang these 3 bulbs as seen in pic. I cannot find the right brackets / or hanging kit . Any help would be appreciated , thank you.

13290606085_8e321be004.jpg

Colorail can be quite good for this sort of thing - the chrome fittings don't look bad and are pretty easy to construct a frame from. Then you just need to fix them to your cabinet and hang the lights. Just don't pay B&Q prices!

Attachments

• 13290606085_8e321be004.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 13290606085_8e321be004.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 143
Back