• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Happiest place to live in Britain

teg1203

Saw this....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7584321.stm

It just so happens that I now live in the happiest place in Britain. :?

But yesterday there was a survey saying that there is a worryingly high incidence of obesity. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7584191.stm

By my reckoning that means overweight = happy. :lol:

In which case the semi skimmed can go and I can sell the running machine and buy some cakes.

The other reason we may be the happiest place in Britain is that our MP is Lembit Opik - you've just got to laugh at that. :lol:

Is anyone upset about the rating given to their area. This may be a good opportunity for some regional abuse (light hearted of course). For instance only small areas of southern england are cheerful - and this is supposed to be news!!! :lol:

The thing that made me smile most about that is that the Amber Valley and North East Derbyshire is third least cheerful! Nothing new there then! ;) :D :lol:

there were another one aswell saying Derby was the most haunted, i am about 1hr from there. Also Barnsley & rotheram are up in the top 10 of obesity crisis, i am about 30mins from there!
Nottinghamshire is in the top 10 for happiness, i also live 1 hr from there, looks like i am in the centre of it all :? :wideyed:

PM said:
I reckon it's because Northerners just sound more enthusiastic cos of their stupid bloody accents.

thats not very nice.

I thought it was because they were drunk all day long :lol: :lol:

PM said:
a1Matt said:
PM said:
I reckon it's because Northerners just sound more enthusiastic cos of their stupid bloody accents.

thats not very nice.

I was joking ;) Just my sense of humour

London accents are extremely annoying though! (not joking!)

PM said:
a1Matt said:
PM said:

thats not very nice.

I was joking ;) Just my sense of humour

I was joking as well :D

Central London is tourist city and probably the safest place to avoid any Londoners!

I like London accents, its fake cockney accents that get my goat! Jamie Oliver's cooking is great but every time he says 'pukka' I wince :(

i went the other week but we were near china street so most of the accents/ language was chinese anyway

I take it you mean China "Town" aaronnorth. You won't find any londoners "up west" - far too mean. :lol:

Too busy at home polishing their sense of self-importance. :lol:

Would you say there was "big trouble" in little china? :oops: :lol:
...Oh I'm so funny...

Tst Tst London rocks :p you guys just jealous :p and I do take the dog for a walk in St James park everyday, never see the corgies though LOL Her Majesty must be in Windsor!

aaronnorth said:
Oh yeah i like the place, just not their accents :!:
You haven't heard mine yet LOL just another variation of the latin accents :p

Back