• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hardscape 80x35x40

Eddie2006

thoughts
20230201_080208.jpg
image.png

have monte carlo on the wood?
i have used about 2/3 of the wood and 10% of the rocks

Hi, I think with the extra wood pieces and stones it will ground the existing hardscape and offer a nice balance.
Why not plant the Monte Carlo in the substrate and use moss on the wood?
Cheerio
Ady.

im gonna have a more grass type of carpet in the ground, helantium tennelum, hairgrass, lileaopsis brassiliensis
im thinking about having a sand path but im not sure
im using mc on the wood instead of moss because i absolutley hate the maintenance of moss, it gets everywhere, and once it,s in the carpet it,s so hard to remove

Nice hardscape..

Since MC is not epiphyte it is quite risky. If lean dosing.. I bet on it won't survive. With EI you might have a chance. I have seen successful scapes, yes.. but also fails.

If foreground is grass carpet, I would see a small leaf mix fit in well on the branches.. anubias, buce, even hygrophila pinnatifida for colour contrast..

MC grows on substrate, wood, rocks.... it just grows really slow in low energy tanks. Perhaps Hydrocotyle tripartita is a better option.
I think I would opt for some light coloured stones too, such as grey mountain or elderly.

That's seiryu? Well, light can do wonderful things. Looks great.
Funny depth trick with the smaller sticks in the back :).

Back