• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hardscape Bonding

84Reasons

I need to know the best product to affix my hardscape when I do my re-scape.
As its a re-scape I can't really wait for the product to harden like the JBL product seems to need, and I'd like to have it so the stone isn't moving as well as the wood not floating from the get go. I'll put stones on the wood if I have to but I'd rather have it looking as it should from the start.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

you could try cigarette filters (not menthol though) and runny superglue (not gel) sets like rock, also will set in a few seconds and cure within a few mins

20190906_144051.jpg
did this with the oase foam today

Its millennium stone and yeah about half hour to go hard and you can fill gaps and it's so secure nothing is moving

Any idea what the foam is like to remove after?

Sounds like a good option but would hate it to stain or be unable to remove it cleanly after to reuse the stone and wood

Its millennium stone and yeah about half hour to go hard and you can fill gaps and it's so secure nothing is moving

Oh it says it hardens instantly on the can, I suppose 30 mins is when it's at its rock solid state rather than just hard? I'd imagine by the time I've used it and then planted 30 mins would have passed anyway.
This it it finished all done today View attachment 127313

Looks great pal! No rising wood haha.

Sounds like a good option but would hate it to stain or be unable to remove it cleanly after to reuse the stone and wood

This is a good point!

Oh it says it hardens instantly on the can, I suppose 30 mins is when it's at its rock solid state rather than just hard? I'd imagine by the time I've used it and then planted 30 mins would have passed anyway.
It expands then hardens I found it best to let it expand then push it onto the gaps with your fingers but use gloves as no my fingers where black lol
I'm not really sure but a good I've got it off my fingers easy with nail polish remover
Would imagine it can easily be removed the same way as long as you give them a good wash after
Any bit you can see after you can just cut away when its hardened and then all I did was super glue plants over them

It expands then hardens I found it best to let it expand then push it onto the gaps with your fingers but use gloves as no my fingers where black lol

I'm not really sure but a good I've got it off my fingers easy with nail polish remover
Would imagine it can easily be removed the same way as long as you give them a good wash after
Any bit you can see after you can just cut away when its hardened and then all I did was super glue plants over them

Good to know haha. Is it quite intrusive then? I'd mainly be using it to stick rocks together on top of each other, and then wood on top of those rocks.

I used half a can and every thing is stuck together with it but all from behind so mostly not visible and covered with soil

I used half a can and every thing is stuck together with it but all from behind so mostly not visible and covered with soil
Does the one can come with everything you need? thinking about getting it for my re-scape this friday, only issue I think I'll have is that I have no access from behind, but should be able to work with it!

Back