• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hardscape layout help

Worshiper

So I had to leave the country on an emergency for 3 weeks and when I got back home my tank was in a mess!

Surprisingly, none of the fish died, but all my plants were a mushy mess! :(

I went to my LFS to buy some plants and was tempted to buy some new rock. :).. yes i find any excuse to spend more money on my tank.;) so says the wife!

I have put the rock in the tank but I need help with the layout again.. Please send some suggestions/opinions on the layout.

PS. please excuse the murky water, I need to do more WCs and give it a good scrub but i was just excited to put the rock in.

your opinions matter so please suggest politely on what changes I can make:rolleyes:

I plan to only use 1-2 species of carpet plants-- may be glosso, Pogostemon H and/or DHG with it.
MyJU4ChlZe0TkhFOHNb3gZ1_MHbUow-wFLcwX83-8bI

Looks good, will look better with a nice carpet in there.

The only thing I think that would make it look better is if there was only 1 species of fish to keep things more uniform, but this is a personal preference.

Thanks Julian. Yes, plan to only keep golden and white cloud mountain minnows in this one in the long run.

the scape look good if stones are not calcareous but what draws my attention is Rummi-nose Tetra, these fish feel better only when are in larger cards and it is better for him if the water is soft

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have made a few minor changes and finally happy with the way it's turned out. Will upload a pic when the water gets a bit clearer as I did a WC too. Need to still do a lot more WCs and clean the glass of the brown algae. Difficult to get the stuff out!

Alright, quick update:

I added some HC and DHG to the scape and clean it up a bit. I am quite happy with the way it's turned out TBH.

As usual- you have to excuse my poor photography skills. :mad:

I need to change the background as i have just made do with some black paper files. ;)

latest scape.jpg

Back