Has Riccia gone out of fashion?

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by Tom, 27 Mar 2009.

1. I haven't seen any used in ages! I know I did get fed up of it personally, but it's an awesome plant I think.

Any thoughts?

Tom

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

I've never liked it, not since my first attempt with a vicious goldfish that would mawl it constantly, and make it float around and get jammed into everything! :lol:

The Devil's spawn I tell yah! :twisted:

3. GreenNeedle

GreenNeedle Member

It was fashion just like Marimo Balls. I used it for a while and liked the look but got bored with it.

It is also one of those plants that anyone with little knowledge can just stick into the tank and have success with :)

AC

4. Garuf

Garuf Member

I hope it's out of fashion, it's a disgusting plant. looking at the competition results it seems to be moss mountains that are in fashion most.

5. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

I like it but it is high-maintenance can be overwhelming/distracting when pearling, unless it's used cleverly with this in mind.

As a floating plant it can be very useful too.

6. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

I like to see it in a tank, but definatley not keep it. Paulo kindly sent me some, i used it but then i didnt need it after a few months. Still after 6 months i has little bits of it growing all over my tank, it is almost impossible to get rid of :twisted:

7. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

I only like to see it used as a main feature, rather than attached to the odd piece of slate in the foreground. It is a very very high maintenance plant, though. I am sure I will use it again.

Dave.

8. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

it's brilliant stuff. in my ma scape admittedly it looks wrong to some degree. but in my 60cm optiwhite, it looks amazing as it's the main focus now.

i want to do a uber riccia scape in the near future