• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Have you every bred an unusually coloured invert?

SamTheMan

I was thinking about this the other day, and I wanted to know; have anyone ever accidently bred an unusually coloured invert snail, or shrimp, from normal coloured parents? if so, please supply a photo!

Last edited:
I was thinking about this the other day, and I wanted to know; have anyone ever accidently bred a albino (or other colour mutation) snail, or shrimp, from non albino parents? if so, please supply a photo!
Not deliberately, but I did get this one funny-looking guy out of a relatively homogenous population of bloody mary shrimp (neocaridina). His transparent parts are really transparent and his eye stalks are solid white instead of red which makes his googly eyes stand out.
20220630_174350-scaled-e1656799300865.jpg

Not deliberately, but I did get this one funny-looking guy out of a relatively homogenous population of bloody mary shrimp (neocaridina). His transparent parts are really transparent and his eye stalks are solid white instead of red which makes his googly eyes stand out.
20220630_174350-scaled-e1656799300865.jpg
This might be the goofiest shrimp I have ever seen :clap:

I don’t think you can get albino invertebrates, only possible in vertebrates.

Cheers

I don’t think you can get albino invertebrates, only possible in vertebrates.

Cheers
Oh Shoot.... thanks for telling me! I will try to change the thread name to unusually coloured instead of albino ;)

Back