• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Having a go, with a Sweet Potato..........

BubblingUnder

Following the latest YouTube trend I dropped a Sweet Potato in my tank a couple of weeks ago. Hung it from a tie wrap & a couple of suckers. Has anyone else tried it & what were the results ?

SweetPotatotop.jpg

The roots have expanded nicely, will need to do a bit of topiary with the leaves pinching out the leave tips but something I've not tried before.

SweetRootsClear.jpg

I wonder how long the roots will get....

Hi all,
Has anyone else tried it & what were the results ?
It should be fine. I had one in a <"pot for about 10 years"> and it flowered occasionally, a pretty pale pink "Bind-weed" flower with a deep purple throat.

Ipomoea aquatica would be even better, but I've never seen it for sale. You would only need a shoot to root it. I've done this with <"Lemon grass (Cymbopogon citratus)">, from the supermarket.

cheers Darrel

I got some Ipomoea aquatica seeds from
https://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/
I had them in an unheated greenhouse, some in a tub of water, some in wet soil. Both grew well, but didn't survive the winter without heating. Now I know that, I think I will have another go, and bring some indoors before winter sets in next time.

Back