• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hayling's Island

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Heres a shot of my optiwhite which i set up for last years festival. All these plants are the original ones, just grown a bit. It's a nice little jungle and i love jungles :D I've got a trio of breeding Bettas in there just for fun.

1ml TPN+ per day
1ml EasyCarbo per day
50% WC when i get a chance
11w Arcpod and 18w LED for 8hrs

_MG_6684.jpg

_MG_6699.jpg

Looks great Dan, I do like a nice jungle!
How do the betta's get on, I thought you could only keep male and female in the same tank whilst they spawned, then you had to seperate them again?

Looks superb :)

That is the rule for bett'a joe but he may well be getting away with it becasue of the jungle scape, plenty of room to not come in contact with each other lol :)

Cheers.

Yeah, they get on fine, theres plenty of space to hide etc and he generally sits in the corner building a nest all day and then chooses which one he wants to mate with LOL both the chicks are up for it so happy days Mr Betta! If there is too much aggression i can whip them out, lord knows i have plenty of tanks LOL

Dan Crawford said:
he generally sits in the corner building a nest all day and then chooses which one he wants to mate with LOL both the chicks are up for it so happy days Mr Betta!

Lucky sod :lol:

Looks great Dan! Are you going to keep it for this year's show, or rip it down and do another?

I'm a big fan when it comes to the jungle side of things. It looks nice, different fish choice too.

Hi dan,still looking good after six months,hopefully I will be there again this year.
Happy days john

Thanks everyone, i really like it, it makes a change from the norm.
andy said:
Any ideas what species of Betta they are Dan ?
They are just average, red veil tail.
samc said:
nice little jungle. nice size cube too, bet thats nice to scape

oh and whats the big one too the right :eek:
Thats my 80cm, it's looking good actually, i'm franticly trying to get it ready for that IAPLC. It's got a 150w halide over it with a marine lamp in it :wideyed:
LondonDragon said:
Liking the Cube Dan but do prefer the one on the left ;)
I will be at FOF this year for sure ;)
Happy days mate, it should be another good one.

Nice work brother.
Ive always loved this, im not a jungle massive fan, but this is real nice.

Dans style of planting is cool, which makes this look better than the rest of the jungles out there.

Boh!

Graeme Edwards said:
Nice work brother.
Ive always loved this, im not a jungle massive fan, but this is real nice.

Dans style of planting is cool, which makes this look better than the rest of the jungles out there.

Boh!
Thanks pal, I'll pay ya next week LOL.

Nice tank :) Guys I live in Canada and there is nothing here :( I mean nano lighting fixtures !! where I can order same fixtures like 11w Arcpod and 18w LED or other models or brands?

The Green Machine will prolly ship to you? Drop them a PM, they do arc pods. The LEDs I have are a bit random, they are from Aqua FX and they change colour :wideyed: I just set them to White and they do the job.

Back