• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HC Cuba Iwagumi

HypeBuce

12faf31ee85af1819a3c4d856b3148ae.jpg

I've grown HC Cuba in my nano tank and it pearled almost all the time. I decided to scale up to a 60P HC Scape but the HC doesn't seem to pearl at all. Using Twinstar 600S 1000% intensity. The indicator isn't quite green so I've upped the co2. Anyone familiar with HC Under this light? Might have to get myself a Chihiros A60 for the higher Lumens?...
Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light will be fine.

id be inclined to turn it down to 60% and go yellow on drop checker as no livestock.

slowly increase the light.

I've only had success with HC with tonnes of light which I think is a result of my hard water. I'm worried if I reduce the brightness that the HC will die out. Thanks for the tip about increasing co2 during the day, I do have a betta in there but I'll keep a close eye on him. I'm using mature filter media but do I still need to do daily water changes to avoid ammonia spike? Thanks

One more thing, my indicator is green in the day but yellow at night even though co2 turned off hours before lights. Is this bad?

Damn my Betta made a jump. Didn't get to him quick enough. Man that sucks

Back