• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HC Health Diagnosis

Hi All,

As can be seen in my journal, im having slight issues with HC. When my tank first started I had brown algae issues which seemed to clear up when I reduced my LED tile down to 40% intensity. Its recently started to look even darker and slightly transparent with a slight tinge of brown (although it looks more like dying of leaves as opposed to algae)

Can anyone help diagnose the issue here? My CO2 has been difficult, my reg is failing to adjust accurately so the bubbles are either too much (yellow at end of photoperiod) or too little (Dark at the start and a nice green right at the end). I cannot set it at a happy medium.

My lighting is obviously down to 40% for 7 hours (two of which are ramp up and ramp down)

Does my HC look light deficient or CO2 deficient....or ferts? The photo doesnt do justice but its all looking slightly yellow/brown and extremely patchy in the lower light areas of the tank. This is just after a complete trim back.

Ux2rzeW.jpg

I hate to break it to you, but that's not HC...

I wonder if anyone else agrees?

Not really, no. Whenever I've used it, it tends to spread, but gets tall, about 10cm high. This was with good flow and c02.

This was my hm on the left and right, see how high it gets.

Back