• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HC starting to struggle

Tom

I've got bits of HC melting in the Mini M. Just the odd little patches are melting and losing leaves. Other patches have bad new growth and the diatoms are moving in. New leaves are small, and yellow/brown. As far as I can see, things should be covered. Could it still be adjusting? It's only a couple of weeks in I suppose, but Tom Barr never seems to have problems flooding! I know Tom was saying about Mg a day or two ago, don't know if that would make a difference. Maybe there's not enough in my tap.

Daily dosing after 50% (tap) water change is:
ADA Brighty K - 1ml
Trace (50/50 Step1 and Flowgrow) - 2ml
Spezial N - 1ml
KPO4 - 0.45ppm started yesterday
Green Gain - 2 drops daily

CO2 steady just over 1bps through atomizer. Light is 18w PC

Stems are fine, Riccia is fine, Moss is fine, Tenellus is now getting going nicely, Lilaeopsis is still dying back, Crypt growth is very slow and there is only one new leaf since flooding.

Tom

Mate that's normal, just wait for the new leaves to grow, the old ones will die eventually.

I hope so, I'm just panicking that it will all just vanish. I tend to panic at small changes anyway!!
I'm going to give it a trim now, some areas are getting a bit tall, whereas some seem to be more affected. It'll be time to trim the stems too some I reckon.

Thanks,
Tom

Back