• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Headache with water change system

Paul

No probs, just jesting.

I have an internal filter. Never occurred to me to use that for pumping the water out. I've got a 1600LH powerhead/pump I'm going to use for pumping water out of the tank.

Nice looking set-up there. How come the filter has 3 pipes coming from it? And how rude of you not to add annotation via MS Paint! :D

Tigermoth

Thx for your comments

Its an Ehiem 2080 - the outer two pipes at the pump and the intakes of which i have one in each corner of the tank and the middle one is the water outlet which passes through a Aqua medic diffuser where I inject my Co2 and then back into the tank. Saturday is my water change day and I disconnect one of the water intake connections lets say the female joint, I then attached the male joint to the connection which has a length of hoze attached - open the taps and the water run out to the plug hole in the sink (gravity feed). Its not fast but whilst its draining I can drain some water off my little tank - Aqua Mode 300 (only 20lts) my bigger tank Aqua One AR980 is 217ltr

Regards & thx

Paul

Paul

Sorry chap, I didn't understand that first sentence, I'm a simple soul.

If you're using the external filter/pump to remove water from the tank, how is that gravity fed. :? I get confused easily. :)

Tigermoth said:
Paul

Sorry chap, I didn't understand that first sentence, I'm a simple soul.

If you're using the external filter/pump to remove water from the tank, how is that gravity fed. :? I get confused easily. :)

I was thinking of you using the external filter pump to remove the water - I break the joint on the left hand side of the cupboard above the filter attach the connector with the hoze attached open the taps and the water drains out by its self - take about 20 mins.

Regards

Paul.

Why dont you use your existing internal filter to remove your water, remove it from its holder and place on the gravel. I am sure you can adapt a connection to fit on the outlet pipe on the filter and of coarse the hoze pipe will be connected.

What internal filter pump / pumps are you using.

Regards

Paul.

Paul

Sorry chap, thought I was going mad there for a minute after reading your last post. Entirely my fault, I made a boo-boo, should have typed 'external' instead of 'internal' in above post. The home made beer kicked in quite some time ago. :)

Did a water change tonight with the new duel pipe malarkey, pumped out 110L in 13 minutes. That's not 1600l/h as pump is rated, but will do nicely.
Filling with two pipes went great, both hot and cold taps on full bore, temp in tank stayed spot on as it was. Complete water change took 20 mins, no lifting, no spilling. Get in! :D

Big thanks to all who replied.

Back