• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Heater question.

Geraint

I’ve bought myself a JBL pro temp 200 heater. It’s advertised for tanks up to 300 litres (mine is about 200 litres), and was recomended by the girl at the pet shop. It’s cold at the moment, and before I installed the heater the water temperature would flux between 17 degrees Celsius to 20 degrees. I’ve set the heater to 23 degrees, and it’ll sometimes reach that temperature, but it will often hover around 21.5 degrees with the heating light switched off, as if its not even trying. I’ve got the outlet of my canister filter flowing straight over the heater.

I’ve read that some (maybe all heaters) wont heat the water a set amount of degrees above the room temperature.

Has anyone had much experience in potching around with heaters? if so, how much above room temperature can i expect from my heaters?

thanks in advance.

All the heaters I've owned have been wildly inaccurate. I have one that I set to 29 to get 22 degrees. As for temp above room temp. My tank is 400+ litres and has 2 x 150w heaters on it. As a marine set-up it would heat to 26 degrees and hold it there. Mutant is in my dining room which is also a walk through room to my kitchen so is rarely warm.

Back