• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Helialux spectrum to Day + Night control

Selwyn

Seedling
Help! I've just bought a Juwel Helialux Day + Night control think that i would be able to dim my Helialux spectrum 800 light. However to my dismay, the connector of the spectrum 800 uses a 5 pin, while the Day + Night control uses 3 pin. Is there anyway for me to either buy or DIY an adapter to work around this? Or maybe any hack?

Hi, the Helialux spectrum lights are newer and have their own newer controller. I didn't even realise you could still buy the Helialux Day and Night controller. Was it sold to you as new, and compatible with your light?

Help! I've just bought a Juwel Helialux Day + Night control think that i would be able to dim my Helialux spectrum 800 light. However to my dismay, the connector of the spectrum 800 uses a 5 pin, while the Day + Night control uses 3 pin. Is there anyway for me to either buy or DIY an adapter to work around this? Or maybe any hack?
Bit sideways but pertinent.
day/night controller is for a 2 channel light head.

Tc-421 would work the same way.
Ganging channels using the 2 channel controller would prob work if the circuitry can take the increased load BUT why would you cripple the light?

Last edited:
Back